CL5 Firmware V5.10 (Previous version)
Use this release notes to update CL/QL to V5.10. Please read the following instructions before updating.
Caution when updating
- Use the "cl*_firm510.zip "(* is the model number) when updating.
- Copy files "CL_SUBP_V510.BIN" and "MCLP5_10.PGM" to the root directory of the USB flash drive. Follow the instructions on the update guide. You also need to update the Dante firmware. You can now update the Dante firmware for CL also by using the USB flash drive. This method allows you to update both the firmware and the "CL_SUBP_V510.BIN" and "MCLP5_10.PGM" files together at the same time.
- If updating from CL V1.61 or older, or if the message "NAME SUB CPU is old" appears after updating to V5.10, copy "CL-MD101.BIN" file in CL*_firm510/NAME SUB (* is the model number) to the root directory of the USB flash drive. Follow the instructions on the update guide. This method allows you to update both the Dante firmware and the "CL_SUBP_V510.BIN" and "MCLP5_10.PGM" files together at the same time.
Before copying files, delete all files with extension .PGM and .BIN if any exists in the root directory of the USB memory. Prior to V3.0, the CL and QL Series used different files when updating, but both files used the same name * "C-MD1.BIN." For this reason, an error may occur during update when the incorrect "C-MD1.BIN" file is used or left in the root directory.
Updating Dante firmware by using a USB flash drive takes approximately 30 minutes.
Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.
Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support EEE.
* EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
Cautions for Dante Firmware
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the CL series.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager since v220.127.116.11 for Windows does not support Windows XP. Please use Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- The Dante settings might not be properly initialized when the firmware is updated, which results in data inconsistency between the CL/QL console and the R series units. This might occur only when the Dante Latency was set to 0.25ms or 0.5ms. Therefore, after updating, it is recommended to briefly change the Latency to 1.0ms on the console with the Console ID #1, then restore the original setting again. This will remove the possibility data inconsistency between the console and the mounted R series units. However, Dante Controller will be needed to manually change the settings of R series units that are not mounted on the console with Console ID #1.
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
New features in V5.10
- Added supported devices for DANTE I/O DEVICE.
Supported devices information
- The amplifier (NEXO NXAMPmk2*) and Powered Speakers (Yamaha DZR-D series, DXS XLF-D series) can now be operated remotely.
* In order to operate the NXAMPmk2 remotely from the CL/QL series, the following settings are required.
- Update the LOAD 4 _ 21 or later firmware on the NXAMPmk2.
- Install the Default card (NXRM104) or the Dante card (NXDT104mk2) in the NXAMPmk2.
Improvements in V5.10
- NOTE OFF was output when the scene was updated while a NOTE ON MIDI message assigned by the USER DEFINED Key was being output. This has been changed so that NOTE OFF is not output.
- Corresponded to the hardware change of the Dante module due to some of the discontinued parts.
Fixed bugs in V5.10
- Fixed the problem in which, when turning on the CL/QL console, Dante-supported I/O devices that are mounted in the console on the DEVICE MOUNT tab of the DANTE SETUP screen are infrequently not properly mounted online.
Fixed bugs in V5.01
- Solved a problem in which the HA parameter of channel 1 of a device mounted on [#1] on the REMOTE HA ASSIGN screen would be reset to the initial value when one of the following I/O devices were mounted with the WITH RECALL parameter set to OFF on the REMOTE HA ASSIGN screen.
- "RedNet 4", "RedNet MP8R" produced by Focusrite
- "RMP-D8" produced by Rupert Neve Designs
- Solved a problem in which the console would not receive MIDI messages if the faders and encoder knob were operated simultaneously while receiving MIDI Control Change or MIDI Parameter Change messages.
New features in V5.00
- Added supported devices for DANTE I/O DEVICE.
- Now supports the INDIVIDUAL FADE TIME function to set the fade time for each channel when recalling a Scene.
- Added new “Portico 5045” (Primary Source Enhancer) Premium Rack device.
Improvements in V5.00
- Changed the contrast setting for Channel Name Display to improve visibility. If it does not suit your environment, please adjust the contrast in the SETUP menu.
Fixed bugs in V5.00
- Solved a problem in which the HA parameters of some INPUT channels assigned to R-Series (Rio/Ri/Rio-D2) return to current values of the R-Series when the power of the console is set to on, when a Scene is recalled, or when a file is loaded.
- Solved problems in which, when multiple Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2 devices are mounted, HA operation will be delayed, and the “No Response from I/O DEVICE” error will occur.
- Solved a problem in which, when a power-redundant error occurs in the Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2, the SYSTEM/SYNC error message on the CL/QL unit mounted to the Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2 is incorrectly displayed as “DANTE SETTING MISMATCH.”
- Solved some minor problems.
- If you open the startup menu screen by turning on the power to the CL console while holding down the [STORE] key under the following conditions, all the patching of the input channels might be removed.
- 64 Dante channels are patched to all the INPUT channels of the CL console.
Save console setup data to a USB flash drive before opening the startup menu.
- In firmware V4.00 or later, we found a problem in which CUE functions such as Specific CUE, Clear CUE and so on do not work correctly when MIDI Control Change is received. Operating Cue functions using CL/QL consoles output MIDI Control Change correctly.
You can use MIDI Parameter Change to control the CUE functions.
- If Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the CL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the CL series device is restarted. In such cases, patch the DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, patches after CH41 cannot be performed from CL series consoles.
- Loading of a file created by version V1.15 or older will not include the mount information of Dante devices other than any connected R-series. It is the same when recalling a DANTE INPUT PATCH LIBRARY. Please reset MOUNT, PATCH, and DANTE INPUT PATCH Library data using V1.51 or later if necessary.
- You can use the following amount of CL/QL/RIVAGE PM10/PM7/R Remote units to remotely control each device unit (listed at left).
- RMio64-D/RSio64-D/Tio1608-D(V1.04 or later): Maximum of four CL/QL units, or six R Remote units.
- Rio/Ri/Ro/Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2: Maximum of four CL/QL/RIVAGE PM10/PM7 units plus six separate computers operating R Remote.
- You can connect maximum of ten iOS devices operating MonitorMix.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- You need to assign Y###- (# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)) to the head of the device label for CL/QL consoles to recognize the device as a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
- An appropriate device label will be automatically assigned to a Dante-supported device manufactured by Yamaha by referring its device ID and so on. (You will still need to assign a device label manually to some of the products such as AIC128-D.)
- Device labels need to be assigned manually to third-party products including Dante-MY16-AUD2.
- Regarding wireless receivers manufactured by Shure, refer to their setup guide to set up properly.
- Restriction of a device label
- # is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)
- * indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or - (hyphen) may be used) Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.
- For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit, even if it is a different size.
- In V2.0 and later, custom fader bank settings are not only included in user settings, but in scene data as well. The custom fader bank settings that are called up vary depending on the logged-in user, the type of the loaded data, and the version. Please note the following points:
- If you load console data of the ALL type as Administrator, the custom fader bank settings for the saved Administrator are recalled. If you load ALL data as Guest or another user, the custom fader bank settings for the saved current scene are called up.
- If you load ALL data that was saved in CL V1.70 or earlier, since scenes do not include custom fader bank settings, the custom fader bank settings for the current scene when the load was performed are applied to all scenes. Therefore, before loading ALL data, we recommend that you either change users to set the custom fader bank to the desired setting, or that you enable Recall Safe for the custom fader bank.
- File Converter V5.0.0, compatible with CL firmware V2.xx, V3.xx, V4.xx and V5.xx and QL firmware V3.xx, V4.xx and V5.xx has been made available for use.
使用此軟體前，請仔細閱讀軟體授權協議（「協議」）。您僅可依據此協議的條款和條件使用此軟體。此為您（個人或法律實體）和 YAMAHA CORPORATION（「YAMAHA」）間簽署的協議。
Yamaha 特此授予您依據隨附條款和條件，在您擁有或管理的電腦、樂器或設備上使用程式和隨附此協議並構成軟體一部分的資料檔案，以及未來可能提供您進行軟體升級的任何程式和檔案（統稱「軟體」）的權利。雖然儲存軟體的所有權為您所有，但該軟體本身屬於 Yamaha 和/或 Yamaha 的授權方所有，並受相關版權法和所有適用法規的保護。
- 您不得 從事反向工程、反彙編、反編譯或以任何方式取得軟體任何形式的程式碼。
- 您不得 重製、修改、變更、租賃、出租或散布完整或部分軟體，以製作軟體的衍生品。
- 您不得 以電子方式，從一台電腦傳輸軟體至另一台電腦，或在網路上與其他電腦共用軟體。
- 您不得 使用軟體，散布非法資料或違反公共政策的資料。
- 在未取得 Yamaha Corporation 的同意時，您不得依據軟體的使用，啟動服務。
透過軟體方式取得的版權保護資料，包含但不限於樂曲 MIDI 資料，有您必須遵守的以下限制條款。
如果您認為下載流程有問題，可聯絡 Yamaha，Yamaha 可允許您重新下載該軟體，前提是您需先銷毀透過先前下載嘗試取得的軟體的任何副本或部分副本。重新下載的許可不得以任何方式限制以下第 5 節所述保固聲明。
您明示已同意自負使用軟體的風險。軟體和相關文件以「原狀」提供，且無任何保固。儘管本協議另行規定，YAMAHA 明示放棄軟體的所有明示和暗示保固，包括但不限於對適銷性、特定用途的適用性和不侵犯第三方權利的暗示保固。特別是，但不限制上述規定，YAMAHA 不保證軟體滿足您的要求、軟體的操作不會中斷或沒有錯誤或軟體的缺失得以修正。
YAMAHA 的全部義務是根據以下條款允許使用本軟體。在任何情況下，對您或任何其他人遭受的任何損害，包括但不限於任何直接、間接、偶然或間接損害、費用、利潤損失、資料遺失或其他因使用而造成的損害、誤用或無法使用該軟體，即使 YAMAHA 或授權經銷商已被告知此類損害的可能性，YAMAHA 概不負責。在任何情況下，Yamaha 對您的所有損害、損失和訴訟原因（無論是合約、侵權或其他方式）的全部責任均不超過為該軟體支付的金額。
此軟體隨附第三方軟體和資料（「第三方軟體」）。如果軟體隨附的書面材料或電子資料中，Yamaha 將任何軟體和資料標示為第三方軟體，則您確認並同意您必須遵守第三方軟體隨附的任何協議條款以及提供第三方軟體的一方，對與第三方軟體相關或由第三方軟體衍生的任何保證或責任負責。因第三方軟體或使用，Yamaha 概不以任何方式負責。
- Yamaha 不提供第三方軟體的明示保固。此外，對於第三方軟體，YAMAHA 明示放棄所有暗示保固，包括但不限於對適銷性和特定用途的適用性的暗示保固。
- Yamaha 不應提供您第三方軟體的相關服務或維護。
- 對您或任何其他人的任何損害，包括但不限於因使用、誤用或無法使用第三方軟體而導致的任何直接、間接、偶然或後果性損害、費用、利潤損失、資料遺失或其他損害，對您或任何其他人，Yamaha 概不負責。
該軟體是「商業項目」，該術語的定義可見 48 C.F.R. 2.101（1995 年 10 月），由「商業電腦軟體」和「商業電腦軟體文件」組成，這些術語在 48 C.F.R. 12.212 使用（1995 年 9 月）。與 48 C.F.R.一致的 12.212 和 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 至 227.72024（1995 年 6 月），所有美國政府最終使用者均應僅以此處規定的權利取得本軟體。
本協議構成雙方間有關軟體使用和任何隨附書面材料的完整協議，並取代所有先前或同時就本協議達成的書面或口頭理解或協議。除非經 Yamaha 的完全授權代表書面簽字，否則本協議的任何修訂或修正均不具有約束力。
- CL5/CL3/CL1 V5 Reference Manual [English]
- CL5/CL3/CL1 V5 リファレンスマニュアル
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [English]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Deutsch]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Español]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Français]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Italiano]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [한국어]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Português]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Русский]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [中文]
- CL/QLシリーズ V5.1追補マニュアル
- Previous versions information
- CL5 Firmware V5.10
- CL5 Firmware V5.01
- CL5 Firmware V5.00
- CL5 Firmware V4.51
- CL5 Firmware V4.50
- CL5 Firmware V4.10-2
- CL5 Firmware V4.04-2
- CL5 Firmware V4.02
- CL5 Firmware V4.01
- CL5 Firmware V4.00
- CL5 Firmware V3.11-2
- CL5 Firmware V3.10
- CL5 Firmware V3.02(from V1.70 and later)
- CL5 Firmware V3.02(from V1.61 and older)
- CL5 Firmware V2.04(from V1.70 and later)
- CL5 Firmware V2.04(from V1.61 and older)
- CL5 Firmware V2.03
- CL5 Firmware V1.70-2
- CL5 Firmware V1.61