CL3 Firmware V3.02 (from V1.61 and older) (Previous version)
Please use this file when updating CL5/3/1 to V3.02 from V1.61 or earlier. Please read the following instructions before updating.
* When updating to V3.02 from V1.70 or later. Use the "CL5/3/1 Firmware V3.02 from 1.70 or later" when updating.
Caution when updating
- Use the "cl*_firm302_from161_and_older.zip" when updating.
- The "C-MD1.BIN" file is included in zip files. Copy files "CL_SUBP_V300.BIN", "MCLP3_02.PGM" and "C-MD1.BIN" to the root directory of the USB memory. Follow the instructions on the update guide.
- Before copying files, delete all files with extension .PGM and .BIN if any exists in the root directory of the USB memory.
- CL and QL Series use different files when updating, but both files use the same name "C-MD1.BIN". Therefore, an error may occur during update when the incorrect "C-MD1.BIN" file is used or left in the root directory.
Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- 1. If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- 2. If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support the EEE function, since EEE operation cannot be disabled in these switches.
- * EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the CL series firmware V1.51.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager v184.108.40.206 for Mac does not support Mac OS X 10.6.8. Please use Mac OS X 10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9.5 or 10.10.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager v220.127.116.11 for Windows does not support Windows XP. Please use Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
- When updating, perform the update as described in the “CL5/CL3/CL1 Update Guide.” Be sure to also update the Dante firmware if you update the CL firmware to V3.02 from V2.04 or older (unnecessary when updating from V3.00 or V3.01).
- We found a problem in which the Dante settings might not be properly initialized when the firmware is updated to V3.0, which results in data inconsistency between the CL/QL console and the R series units. This might occur only when the Dante Latency was set to 0.25ms or 0.5ms. Therefore, after updating to V3.0 it is recommend to briefly change the Latency to 1.0ms on the console with the Console ID #1, then restore the original setting again. This will remove the possible data inconsistency between the console and the mounted R series units. However, Dante Controller will be needed to manually change the settings of R series units that are not mounted on the console with Console ID #1.
Yamaha CL series Firmware Update Overview
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
V3 New Features
- Now supports the 5.1 surround panning.
- In addition to surround mixing, the basic surround monitoring has been added.
- Now supports the Dugan automatic mixing.
- Now supports the acclaimed buss compressor (Buss Comp 369) in Premium Rack.
- Now supports the Frame Delay function to select the frame on the DELAY SCALE window.
- You can now select 8-band Parametric EQ in the GEQ RACK and EFFECT RACK.
- A real time analyzer (RTA) is now provided to support room tuning and other operations.
- Four banks are now provided for User Defined Keys.
- DCA assignment has been added to the parameters for Recall Safe, Focus Recall, and Global Paste.
- User Defined Knobs can now control effect parameters.
- Now supports the RMio64-D control.
- Channel Link is now available at the channel outputs as well.
- Two internal oscillators can now be set to different frequencies for the odd and even numbered channels.
- You can now convert signals received at a stereo channel into mono with a single action.
- The send levels for all channels are now shown in the METER display when SENDS ON FADERS is engaged.
- You can now set the console to Preferred Master directly from the touch screen, without the need for a Dante controller.
- DANTE SETUP is now available at the parameter of the user level setup.
- You can now view that the status indicator appears on the touch screen when the operation switches from the primary to the secondary Dante audio network.
- Now supports the Fader Cue Release function.
- You can now view the delay value in the Tap Tempo pop-up window.
- You can now unmute a muted channel in the DCA group temporarily.
- New functions have been added that can be assigned to the USER DEFINED keys, the USER DEFINED knobs and the MIDI control changes.
- Focusrite RED NET4 and RED NET MP8R have been added as Dante devices which can be detected / patched in the CL series.
For details, refer to the CL5/CL3/CL1 reference manual.
The Help file has been updated to V3. You can download the file from the Yamaha proaudio website.（English version only. Other languages are scheduled to be supported in the future.）
- When you initialize the unit including the Dante audio network setting or updated the firmware V2 or later, the initial setting of "Preferred Master" is now changed to ON. In addition, this setting is now not affected by the console setting and restart, but can be changed on Dante Controller software when needed. With the initial setting, if you change the word clock setting to other than DANTE for a CL/QL unit, the console will preferentially become the clock master, which would prevent clock errors. If needed, you can manually select the clock master by enabling "Preferred Master" on a single device (the others off), which is always powered on while the system is operational.
Fixed bugs in V3.02
- Fixed a problem in which the Mute Group and channel muting are cancelled when a DCA Group is also muted on the channels where the Mute Group and/or channel muting were already applied.
- Fixed a problem in which the fader level change might be ignored so that the fader value and position were mismatched if a fader to which Recall Safe is applied was operated when a scene is recalled.
- Fixed a problem in which the mono channel's pan worked as balance if the fader level was -132dB and a channel library was recalled to the channel.
Fixed bugs in V3.01
- Solved a problem in which GEQ processing returned to be flat if 31-Band GEQ or 8-Band PEQ was mounted and edited on GEQ 9-16 Rack, then the console was restarted or the WORD CLOCK setting was changed. The edited EQ curve was properly shown on screen, but the audio processing was flat (bypassed).
- Solved a problem in which a pulse noise might be on the Dante outputs of the console when booting.
- Solved a problem in which GAIN KNOB FUNCTION was changed back to ANALOG GAIN on the PREFERENCE page of the USER SETUP window if DIGITAL GAIN had been set, when storing/recalling scenes, switching the bank of USER DEFINED keys, restarting the console, or some other operations.
Fixed bugs in V3.00
- Solved a problem in which the console might have very rarely system down and the message "_Kernel_sysdwn()" appeared.
- Solved a problem in which the message "No Response from I/O DEVICE." or "No Response from External HA." appeared under the following conditions:
16 or more R units and Dante-MY16-AUD were in the same Dante network.3 or more R units were mounted each other from 4 consoles.
- Solved a problem in which the HA control was restricted, when you had patched only one of the stereo input channels (ST IN L or ST IN R).
- Solved a problem in which AG->DG LINK did not work correctly and the adjustment level returned to the previous gain on the CL/QL series that was not set to WITH RECALL, when you remotely controlled the HA device from multiple CL/QL series.
- Solved a problem in which other parameters than THRESHOLD did not work correctly in the Dynamics 1/2, when you linked more channels by the channel link operation.
- Solved a problem in which the signal was output to the MY slots that were not patched in the initial state.
- (CL5 only)Solved a problem in which the effect of insert 1 was not effective, when you set the output port for insert 2 on CH65-72.
- Solved a problem in which the operation of entering a title on the SCENE STORE pop-up window was possible only in a touch screen, when you assigned the function for storing a scene to GPI IN.
- Solved a problem in which the unlatched operation was valid, even if the latch was selected, when you assigned the HELP function to the GPI IN. The GPI IN could not recall directly the Help for a specific controller in the screen.
- Solved a problem in which the song did not disappear from the song file list when you deleted a song in the recorder.
- If the Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the CL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the CL series device is restarted. Patch DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, the patch after CH41 cannot be performed from CL series consoles.
- If the SECONDARY PORT setting (REDUNDANT/DAISY CHAIN) of the Dante audio network would not change while the Dante device is not connected with Dante PRIMARY/SECONDARY connectors, no audio signal will pass. Audio will once again pass after the Dante device is connected of after the power for CL has been restarted.
- Loading of a file created by version V1.15 or older will not include the mount information of Dante devices other than any connected R-series. It is the same when recalling a DANTE INPUT PATCH LIBRARY. Please reset MOUNT, PATCH, and DANTE INPUT PATCH Library data using V1.51 or later if necessary.
- StageMix cannot start recording when playable audio files are not found in the USB flash drive inserted into the console and the song list on the RECORDER screen is empty. In that case, perform recording only once from the console, for example, to prepare a playable audio file, then operate StageMix.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- The following device labels are used for detecting a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
Y###-**********# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)*indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or -(hyphen) may be used)Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit, even if it is a different size.
- In V2.0 and later, custom fader bank settings are not only included in user settings, but in scene data as well. The custom fader bank settings that are called up vary depending on the logged-in user, the type of the loaded data, and the version. Please note the following points:
If you load console data of the ALL type as Administrator, the custom fader bank settings for the saved Administrator are called up.If you load ALL data as Guest or another user, the custom fader bank settings for the saved current scene are called up.If you load ALL data that was saved in CL V1.70 or earlier, since scenes do not include custom fader bank settings, the custom fader bank settings for the current scene when the load was performed are applied to all scenes. Therefore, before loading ALL data, we recommend that you either change users to set the custom fader bank to the desired setting, or that you enable Recall Safe for the custom fader bank.
- You can use the Console File Converter V2.3.0 for the CL firmware V1.70 and also the QL firmware V1.01. However, you cannot convert the setting file of V3 to other console.
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.
- Previous versions information
- CL3 Firmware V5.01
- CL3 Firmware V5.00
- CL3 Firmware V4.51
- CL3 Firmware V4.50
- CL3 Firmware V4.10-2
- CL3 Firmware V4.04-2
- CL3 Firmware V4.02
- CL3 Firmware V4.01
- CL3 Firmware V4.00
- CL3 Firmware V3.11-2
- CL3 Firmware V3.10
- CL3 Firmware V3.02 (from V1.70 and later)
- CL3 Firmware V3.02 (from V1.61 and older)
- CL3 Firmware V2.04 (from V1.70 and later)
- CL3 Firmware V2.04 (from V1.61 and older)
- CL3 Firmware V2.03
- CL3 Firmware V1.70-2
- CL3 Firmware V1.61